Sunday, November 5, 2023

 I am so blessed that my Dad and his wife, Pat, are still in my life and so healthy.

They have been going to a spot in York, Maine for years and years. This year they invited us to go along and gave us the trip as an early Christmas present.  I am in favor of gifts that are experiences. Such gifts provide wonderful memories and this one did not disappoint. 

The York Harbor Inn perches just across from the Atlantic with breathtaking views from the rooms and the restaurant.

One of the restaurants is named 1637, because that is the year that the room was first built. The room is cozy with large beams in the ceiling.  The food was so tasty. I enjoyed scallops with lobster on the side. Lobster on the side for Pete's sake! The guys had blueberry pie and cheesecake. I had lobster on the side!

Dad and Pat got us a room with a Jacuzzi tub. I stayed there so long on Friday that I heated the water back up twice. I was reading a paperback book while in the tub.  The book was twice as big as when I started with splish splashes from the Jacuzzi hitting it.  I didn't care.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  I am so blessed that my Dad and his wife, Pat, are still in my life and so healthy. They have been going to a spot in York, Maine for year...